Our annual general meeting was held last Saturday, January 14th in Monaduff. There was a large crowd in attendance which was great to see. Secretary Lorraine Corrigan gave a comprehensive report on the events of the previous year and Treasurer Stephen McDermott outlined the Income & Expenditure for 2016 in his report. Chairman Packie Duffy then expressed his gratitude to the outgoing committee and all those who supported the club in any way during the year. Packie congratulated the senior team and management on winning promotion back to Division 1 and also the Divison 2 and Patsy Reilly Cups. The officers elected for 2017 were as follows:
- Presidents: Fr. Bernard Hogan, Jimmy Breslin, Frank McNamee, Jimmy Courtney, Mary Gilhooley and Jimmy Mimnagh.
- Chairperson: Packie Duffy.
- Vice Chairperson: Seamus Gallagher.
- Secretary: Lorraine Corrigan.
- Assistant Secretary: Pauline Corr.
- Treasurer: Stephen McDermott.
- Assistant Treasurer: Betty Creegan & Kathleen Brady.
- Finance Sub Committee: Betty Creegan, Kathleen Brady, Pauric Gill, Ciaran Cooney & Stephen McDermott.
- PRO: Pauric Gill.
- Assistant PRO: Paul Dowler.
- Registrar: Bridie Reilly.
- County Board Delegates: Pat Corrigan, Paddy O’Neill, Pat Donnelly.
- Sub-Delegate: Paraic Brady.
- Insurance Officer: Frankie McGowan.
- Development Officer: Thomas Gill.
- Assistant Development Officer: Brian Duffy.
- Irish Officer: Michael Lennon.
- Club Health & Well Being Officer: Brendan Corrigan.
- Children’s Welfare Officer: Ken Leonard.
- Events Controller & Health & Safety Officer: Pat Donnelly, Martin Mulleady, Pete McWade & Padraic Davis.
The club would like to welcome all the new members on board and also express a big thank you to all the committee members who stepped down after their years of hard work and service, in particular Johnny Cooney (Vice Chairperson) and Seán Lennon (PRO). The club would also like to wish the new committee all the best for the coming year.
The following awards were decided on the night:
- Senior Player of the Year: David Collum
- U/21 Player of the Year: Dean Cosgrave
- Club Personality of Year : Lorraine Corrigan
Congratulations to all concerned on their well deserved accolades.
Club membership is now available for the coming year. The fee is €30 for Adults and €15 for Students. Please contact Registrar Bridie Reilly if you would like to become a member.
Annual Club Social
The Fr Manning Gaels and St Helen’s Annual Social is on February 4th in the Olde Village Inn Drumlish. Tickets are €10 each and these can be purchased from committee members. Food will be served on the night and music is by Frank Feery. A number of presentations will be made including those of the Division 2 and Patsy Reilly Cup medals to our senior team.
National Club Draw
The club is participating in this year’s National GAA Club Draw. Tickets cost €10 and are available from any member of the senior team or executive. There are some fantastic prizes on offer such as the top prize, a brand new Opel Corsa. Your support would be greatly appreciated.
St. Vincent’s AGM
The minor club’s AGM is being held on Sunday January 22nd at 2pm in Monaduff. We would like to see as many people as possible turning out and supporting the great work that is going on at underage level in the parish.
Club Players Association
The Cub Players Association (CPA) was launched this month with the aim of addressing the number of issues which are adversely affecting clubs across the country. This association is not just for players alone, but also coaches, club officers and supporters. Registration is free and easy. Please do so by going to www.gaaclubplayers.com.
The next lotto draw will be held in the Olde Village Inn on Monday January 23rd. The jackpot is €4,400. Tickets are available from the usual outlets and members of the executive.
If anyone has any information they would like included in the club notes please contact PRO Pauric Gill on 086 413 2313.